CavsCare is Chillicothe City School District's hub for resources to help students and families throughout the district, no matter what struggles you may be experiencing.
Are you living in any of the following situations?
- Hotel or campground due to the lack of an alternative adequate accommodation
- In a car, park, abandoned building, or bus or train station
- Doubled up with other people due to loss of housing or economic hardship
You may qualify for certain rights and protections under the federal McKinney-Vento Act. Students who experience sudden life changes such as switching homes or schools may experience trouble with learning as well as increased mood swings and anxiety. The Chillicothe CavsCare program is here to help! The following resources are available to help you and your family create some stability:
The Cavalier Closet is a shelf-stable food and necessity item pantry designed to meet the basic needs of our students and families.
The Cavalier Clothing Closet is a closet of clothing designed to meet the basic needs of our students and families in need.
Project GLAM provides dance attire, makeup, accessories and shoes to help students feel confident, proud, beautiful and handsome at their senior prom, school dances or employment interviews.
Chillicothe City School District understands that mental health is important for our overall health and well-being and can provide resources and assistance to help you and your family.
Additional Local Resources:
- Ross County Emergency Shelter
- Ross County Community Action Early Head Start
- Ross County Community Action Head Start
- Homeowner Assistance
- Ross County Community Action Home Relief Program
- Ross County Community Action Water Bill Assistance
To learn more about the services and supports available to you, please contact Tabitha Muse at 740.466.8832 or by email at email@example.com.