Final Course exams at CHS are 20% of a student's final semester grade. Students can exempt out of second semester final exams for great attendance or great grades (All A's both 9 weeks of the course); but must gain approval from teachers and administration using a form from the CHS Attendance Office in order to request exemptions. Exemption forms MUST be turned in to attendance no later than Monday, May 23rd and exemptions will be approved and posted on Tuesday, May 24th (students MUST confirm that their exemption request is approved). Below is detailed information, as well as the exam schedule for exam days; a link to the PowerPoint, provided to students (Monday during homeroom) detailing information about exams; and a grid to help organize your student about exams.
FINAL EXAMS: From pg. 17 of the Student Agenda Book
- No Homeroom During Exam Week: Simply report to the first period of the day per the exam schedule.
- Exams will be roughly 105 minutes in length.
- There will be an open lunch on the three exam days.
- On exam days, students do not need to report to the cafeteria for lunch or to study halls; although, we will have lunch available in the cafeteria during the designated lunch times, as well as a study hall during exam times in the CHS Cox Gym.
- Tardiness to exams will not be tolerated. The excused absences for illness must be verified with a parent or doctor’s note. Others could be considered unexcused; and, in that situation the exam grade could result in an F.
- Students needing a study hall should report to the Cox Gym during the appropriate period.
- Students not reporting to study halls are to leave the building and grounds immediately.
- Students entering the building late, but prior to their exams, are to wait in the CHS Cox gym until the bell rings.
- Students taking a make-up exam are to report to the Attendance Office and secure an excused absence pass before reporting to a classroom.
- Students and parents, if your student is absent for any reason, communicate with that teacher to ensure they know your student plans to take the make up exam.
Exam Week Schedule
Building Open 7:15 Warning Bell 7:25
Class Time May 25 May 26 May 27
7:30-9:15 Period 1 Period 3 Period 5/6
9:25-11:10 Period 2 Period 4/5 or 4/6 Period 7
11:20-12:20 Lunch Lunch Lunch
12:30-2:15 Make-Up Make-Up Make-Up